2 ripe avocados
tablespoons freshly squeezed
teaspoon minced garlic
teaspoon fresh thyme,
teaspoon fresh oregano,
teaspoon fresh parsley,
garlic and herbs and
avocado lengthwise around
the seed, than rotate the halves to separate.
the seed and peel the
avocado by placing the cut side down and removing the skin with a knife.
a food processor or with
electric mixer, mash avocado.
lime or lemon juice, garlic
and herbs and mix well.
with salt, cool and serve
|Did You Know?
shredding some vegetables may destroy part of their vitamins,
especially ascorbic acid.
Dietary Guidelines for Americans
|CHOOSE SENSIBLY . . .
• Choose a diet that is low in saturated
fat and cholesterol and moderate in total fat.
• Choose beverages and foods to moderate your intake of sugars.
• Choose and prepare foods with less salt.
• If you decide to drink alcoholic beverages, do so in moderation.
FITNESS . . .
• Aim for a healthy weight.
• Be physically active each day
HEALTHY BASE . .
• Let the Pyramid guide your food choices.
• Choose a variety of grains daily, especially whole grains.
• Choose a variety of fruits and vegetables daily.
• Keep food safe to eat.