6 large apples
4 Tbsp lemon juice
3 Tbsp unsalted soft margarine (melted)
4 tsp honey
1 tsp cinnamon powder
1 cup (250 ml) all-purpose flour
1/3 cup granulated sugar o
1-1/2 tsp baking powder
4 Tbsp unsalted soft margarine
3 Tbsp raisins
2 Tbsp 1% milk
Makes 8 servings.
- Peel, core and quarter apples.
- Preheat oven to 375F (190C).
- Put apples in a large bowl and toss them with lemon juice.
- Stir in margarine, honey and
- Transfer to 8" (1.2 l) round
- Bake for about 12 to 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, stir together
flour, sugar and baking powder.
- Cut in margarine until crumbly.
- Stir in raisins and milk.
- Sprinkle topping over apples.
- Bake 15-20 minutes longer or
until apples are tender and topping is golden.
- Serve warm or at room
220 calories, 3 g protein, 10g fat, 32 g carbohydrates, 0
mg cholesterol, 40 mg sodium.