Products Or Service
To increase your chances of product or
service success, you must know many important things about your product
or service. Visiting the competitors, testing manufactured goods or the
services of potential competitors is an informal and very valuable
| IMPORTANT QUESTIONS
Keep a record of
the answers to these
1. Is there a need for your service or
products? If yes, is that seasonal or year-long?
2. Do you know what to charge to cover your costs?
3. Are your prices competitive?
4. How important is low price?
5. Is service more important?
6. Must you include delivery cost in your price?
7. What will discounts do to your markup?
8. Must you give discounts for cash, volume, distributors, salespeople?
9. Are your products unique, eye appealing, higher quality or better
10. Must you offer a guarantee?
11. What will be your return policy?
12. Must you stock parts for service?
13. How much is normal advertising costs for your products?
14. What media? How often? Seasonal?
15. Is any free publicity available?
16. Do you have a trademark or logo? Is it registered?
17. Will you need an advertising agency?
18. If you are buying how much of each (size, color ) will you buy?
19. Can you return unsold merchandise?
20. Have you stock control plan to avoid overstock, under stock and out
21. Have you established a line of credit with your suppliers? How
22. If you are a manufacturer how will you sell - through dealers,
distributors, sales agents or direct?
23. What type of distribution is common in the industry?
24. Do transportation costs dictate the best method of distribution?
25. What percentage of the market will you get?
How Customers Think: Essential Insights
into the Mind of the Market - Building on research from
diverse as neurology, sociology, literary analysis, and cognitive
science, Zaltman offers rich insights into what happens within the
complex system of mind, brain, body, and society as consumers
contemplate their needs and evaluate products. Zaltman illustrates how
leading companies are "mining the unconscious" - with remarkable
results, and introduces innovative tools & techniques that help
* Develop research questions that speak to the unconscious brain.
* Evoke valuable meaning through a customer's metaphors and instill
those images in brand communications.
* Measure consumer reactions to marketing stimuli and alter advertising
or positioning strategies accordingly.
* Build "consensus maps" that reflect a market segment's universal
thinking-and reengineer them to boost customer satisfaction, loyalty,
* Understand how their own minds work-and how they can think in
creative new ways. The mind of the market is waiting to be explored.
Make sure your competitors don't get there first.
Tested Advertising Methods - A
legend in advertising for more than 60 years, John Caples still serves
as a guide to generations of creative marketing people. Now his classic
work on how to create successful advertising has been updated by
respected advertising consultant Fred Hahn. It retains all the clarity,
candid analysis, time-tested experience and invaluable award-winning
ideas from the original, while bringing it right up-to-the-minute on
the many new changes in the field.